Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I regret that this is NOT about a digital camera but I have

Customer Question

I regret that this is NOT about a digital camera but I have a Canon U160 Personal Word Processor/Typewriter "StarWriter 30" Reg No TB3235055 and I notice that recently Canon have STOPPED the manufacture of both CR-100 and IR-100 Film Ribbon Cassettes for this machine. Please can you tell me if this is correct as my machine is otherwise in perfect running order! I have seen somewhere, possibly on Ebay, that a cassette is not necessary for the running of this machine and that if you feed in the correct type of paper it will still print as before. Is this also correct and what is the paper type and the manufacturers name. PLEASE come back and HELP.
Best Regards
Richard Newberry
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. These models were discontinued but you can usually still find the ribbon when that happens. Would you like me to help you find an alternative place to buy the film?