Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a sharp ux-510a fax machine. tried to make a copy, didn't

Customer Question

I have a sharp ux-510a fax machine. tried to make a copy, didn't work. I pulled the page
I wanted to copy out (reverse direction). Now I have a flashing paper jammed on the display. I can't get it to reset. I can send a fax but can't receive one.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
A sensor may be jammed (if it's a mechanical, or switch-type, paper presence sensor) or fouled by debris, or otherwise defective. But, having come immediately subsequent to a pulling-out of paper, it might just be a case of its being 'broken' by that process, also.
With the power Off, open the paper path that the original paper takes through the device, and look for any loose paper scraps, dust, debris, or a jammed switch of a delicate size. Wipe out the paper path as much as possible with a clean dry lint-free rag cloth.
Close up the machine again, turn it On, try again.
If it doesn't work after that, it is basically 'broken' and will need service-repairing (or, at your choice, replacing.)
Let me know how it goes. I may have more to suggest, depending upon the outcome, and offer further advice on any detail.