Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a ricoh mp 201 spf multifunction printer/copier/scanner/fax.

Customer Question

i have a ricoh mp 201 spf multifunction printer/copier/scanner/fax. I need to forward all my faxes to a folder on my computer, so that nothing gets printed automatically, rather every fax goes into a folder on my computer and then i either use it or discard it.
How can we do that?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
I think what you need is a PC-FAX software arrangement.
However, if Ricoh does not provide such software for your printer model, then it may be surer to just replace the Ricoh as a fax machine with a faxing card (i.e. telephone modem) in your computer, and use it only as a scanner to provide images of documents for the faxing card.
Looking up that software, if it exists... I find, that whether there is such software might depend upon your operating system (i.e. Windows version, or MAC OS X version if your computer is an Apple), but for e.g. Windows 7 64-bit, there is this:
http://support.ricoh.com/bb/html/dr_ut_e/ra/model/mp201/mp201en.htm
and it does not list any faxing software, except for the
DANGEROUS URL REMOVED
- which is a LAN Fax Driver for your Ricoh printer and your Windows 7 (64-bit) computer, to send faxes over a local network.
So, if that does not serve the purpose, you would need third-party software of some sort, or perhaps to get a faxing card for your computer.
Let me know what you would prefer, and whether you need further help.
And let me know how it goes. Thanks.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Totally bogus answer
Not worth a dime!
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Pardon me. I don't see how my answer is worthless. Of the Ricoh-made software, the LAN Fax Driver is useful in regard to your question. But basically, to have your Ricoh machine hooked up to a phone line to receive faxes, and then have the Ricoh machine send them into your computer somehow, would require more capabilities than the Ricoh machine has, that I know of - in point esp. of the model you are asking about. If you have any reason to believe otherwise, I will pursue whatever lead you may give me. Let me know, please.