Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Same problem as usual CC4 control center does not find my DCP-9020CDW

Customer Question

Same problem as usual CC4 control center does not find my DCP-9020CDW scanner. The printer is connected with a USB to my local printer and works from Word. Also at the same time my billing system cannot find its data on "G" both problems occurred at the same time.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. I would say, with two different problems like that - one with USB printing, the other with (by the sound of it generally) access to G: drive - if the problems were from roughly the same root cause, the first thing to try would be, restarting the computer that both works with the scanner, and accesses the G: Drive.(Unless, of course, the G: Drive is a network drive... that would make the issue somewhat different... but still, restarting the system is the first thing to try.) If the Brother machine is still printing, just not scanning, the solution (if simply restarting doesn't cure it) might depend upon what the Windows (or, in Apple computers, MAC OS X) version is, on the computer that it scans to. See my query below. In general, if restarting cures both problems temporarily, then you may have an issue with virus or other malware infection on your computer. (If so, what anti-virus suite or security software do you have on your computer?) What is your computer, a Windows PC or an Apple computer?Which version of Windows (or MAC OS X ) is on it?(If a Windows PC, what is its System Type? either 32-bit or 64-bit, and found inStart - Control Panel - System and Security - System .)