Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My KM1820 will not accept a print option from my computer???

Customer Question

My KM1820 will not accept a print option from my computer??? Richard
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Has the printer gotten wireless printing working, with the computer in question, before this? or is this an initial attempt?
If it is an initial attempt, then does the printer work with any other computer, before this, wirelessly?
If not an initial attempt, then the problem may be either in the driver chosen for the computer, or more likely, a problem with firewall software settings on the computer not allowing the print job to be sent, or firewall settings similarly en-route to the printer (N/A if the printer is being printed to directly from the computer.)
I get a sense that the printer is what you suspect as the location of the problem. Make sure that it basically can print, first of all. Secondly, be sure the computer's wireless connection to it is set properly as to the choice of 'ad-hoc' or direct wireless connection, versus 'infrastructure' mode, for printing through a WiFi router.
Let me know more details, and I will offer more specific advice, as appropriate. (My offering more than one Answer will not involve any extra charge. You are not expected to pay for more than one answer to any question. Or, you pay by the question - with a good Answer - not by the Answer.)