Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a OCE Imagistics ZC20 with a error code 0500. How do

Customer Question

I have a OCE Imagistics ZC20 with a error code 0500. How do I reset?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question. Check whether the fuser is still noticeably heated when you have shut the OCE machine Off for nearly 5 minutes (and let it sit, turned Off, that long, to avoid having the fuser be so hot that it burns you if you touch it! just feeling the air above it, as to whether it is hot, is probably enoug of a check.) On some printers, an 0500 error can mean a defective fuser that does not heat up enough and that will need to be replaced before a 'reset' will do any good. If that is not the problem, and especially if the error 0500 is preceded by another digit, such as p0500 or c0500 (which in some printers/copiers definitely is a fuser-not-heating-up error), let me know the exact error code, and whether it is just 0500, or something more.