Michael
Michael, Technician
Experience:  Over 25 years experience in the field of electronics repair, TV, VCR and computer repair.
11519491

Hallo,The Scanner glass of my X9350 is dirty from the bottomside.

Customer Question

Hallo,
The Scanner glass of my X9350 is dirty from the bottomside. How can I remove the glass or open the scanner to clean the glass?
Thank you
Adiran
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael replied 1 year ago.
To clean the glass on the inside you must disassemble the unit so that you have access to the underside of the glass. If you save all your screws and are careful to lay things out in the order you remove the it is easy to put it back together and you do not have to worry about breaking anything.
Once you have access to the underside of the glass I use real windex and newspaper. With the newspaper you get a streak free shine with no lint particles. If there is dust inside the glass there is most likely dust on the scanners optics. Gently clean them the same way. Be gentle when cleaning the scan bar optics. They are not extremely delicate but it will break if you apply too much pressure as it is a long thin piece of glass.
When you put your scanner all back together it will scan as good as new and all the little black specs and streaks will be gone in your scans. I've done this 100+ times and it works every time.