Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Trying to use compatible toner in my Xerox 7100 and the printer

Customer Question

Trying to use compatible toner in my Xerox 7100 and the printer will not except the cartridges even with new chips. Do you know if there is a bypass switch to disable the printer from not excepting the toner
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
There is no 'bypass' for toner 'security' chips. Strange as the world of toner and ink cartridges has become, it seems some printers and brands are highly protective of their supplies.
Trying to fool a printer into accepting non-OEM toner or ink has sometimes some severe consequences... but the usual consequence is, the hacked technology fails to deliver anything useful. Given a certain amount of effort, time, and even a bit of money, if your time is of any value, you would do better to break down and use Xerox-OEM-original toner, perhaps.
Since I am not in any way an expert at hacking non-standard toner or ink supplies, I have Opted Out... not cutting off communication, but opening the case to any other opinion that any other Expert here might offer, that could help you additionally, and at no additional charge to you.