Engineer John C
Engineer John C, Equipment Expert
Experience:  Computer Science Engineer and A+ Certified
23822421

We have a Canon 1025 if, the PC it was scanning

Customer Question

We have a Canon 1025 if, the PC it was scanning to was getting overloaded with files, so I got an external hard drive to save the files to when it filled up. Now we cannot send any scans through, since moving the files. I have tried renaming the folders, updated the settings, restarted the PC and the printer and have nothing. We would really like to able to scan to email, though that is not working either.
I need very detailed instructions, or would pay you to remote in to fix.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Engineer John C replied 1 year ago.
Hello. Welcome to Just Answer. Please allow me to assist you with your question today. I am John, I will do my very best to help you solve this problem.
Please download and reinstall the drivers and software. If you don't have the original CD, you can download them for free from here: http://www.usa.canon.com/cusa/office/products/hardware/multifunction_printers_copiers/black_white_copiers/imagerunner_1025#DriversAndSoftware <=== CLICK HERE
Click on Drivers & Software, then choose your OS version, then install the available Drivers, Software and/or Utilities.
Remember this doesn't have to be the final communication. We can continue the conversation for no additional charges.
Please read below also:
Some customers get upset when they do not get a quick solution and as a result rate my service as poor even though it is the correct answer. I respectfully ***** ***** you go to rate me, if you are inclined to rate me poorly, to please let me know what more I can do to gain a positive rating. That would be highly appreciated.
If you are satisfied with my job please leave me a positive feedback, that's the only way for me to be paid by JustAnswer.com, you won't be charged again. Remember this doesn't have to be the final answer. We can continue communicating for no additional charges.
If you require any additional information, please do not hesitate to let me know clicking reply. Please do not leave negative feedback, just click Reply instead.
Thank You and I wish you all the best. GOD Blessings!!!
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok I downloaded everything available to me and still have the same result, no scans coming to PC, the printer does show the correct folder it is supposed to send it too, though its always done that.
Whats next?
Is the folder actually found on your PC? Same drive letter than before?
Do you get any error message from the printer or PC?
Thank you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
it goes like this.....
NETWORK --> SEAN-PC --> SCANS
The error code is TX FUNCTION NOT COMPLETED
i BELIEVE IT IS THE SAME
Use the following steps to restore the settings:
1) Press the Main Menu Button.
2) Press Additional Functions.
3) Select Common Settings.
4) Select TX Settings.
5) Select Change Send Func. Mode.
6) Select Initialize.
7) Select Yes.
Please let me know if it works now.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Didn't do anything
OK, you said before you moved the files and folders, etc. Is the scans folder still in the original location?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes
NETWORK --> SEAN-PC --> SCANS
I THOUGHT ALL I did was move the actual scans out, though must have grabbed something wrong
Hello Sean, I apologize for the long delay.
Were you able to move the scans to the original location? Then we can move the actual scans only.
Please keep me posted.
Thank you.