Martin, Engineer
Experience:  16 years, include works in aluminium plant, industrial machinery, military weapons, programming
14666028

Is their a way to unlouckthe paper shredder my is jammed and

Customer Question

is their a way to unlouckthe paper shredder my is jammed and the shredder wont go forward or back
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Martin replied 1 year ago.
Hi. Usually a real good paper jam require a disasembly, then you are good to go.
For very complicated equipments complicated to disassemble i sometime disconnect a unit and use a little water to soften the paper and be able to pull out more of it at the packing section. This is very dangerous to damage the equipment and when the paper dry, if you did not remove enough it become jammed even more.
Sometime the paper does not have to lock any mechanism, just pressing on a sensor switch is enough to make a jam error stay.
Some shredder have a picofuse that prevent their usage for a while after the motor struggled until the fuse recrystalize. You then need to disconnect them from AC for about 20 hours to be sure.