Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have an okidata 320 microline printer that will not advance

Customer Question

I have an okidata 320 microline printer that will not advance the tractor paper feed. It seems like it is stuck it keeps printing on 1 line only
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Okidata printers will do that, in my experience. The motor is often not expensively made, and so the motor that drives the paper feed often burns out or otherwise becomes non-functional.
Of course, first check as to whether the platen, or paper feed, runs by hand, when you turn the platen. If it is not jammed, in other words. It might possibly be so jammed with crumpled paper, or doubtfully a loose part, that it would refuse to let the motor drive it.
Also, you could try a hard reset - if you have not already, and if the problem is not long-standing over at least a week of repeated trying. (I will give instructions how exactly to do so, if you think they're worth trying.)
Would you have the expertise to replace the motor yourself, if I referenced a source for a replacement motor? (If one is findable for a printer this old.)
Or, is the printer by some chance still less than a year from its purchase date? if so, let me know, and I will instruct you further, how to get it replaced for you for free.
Let me know, please. Thanks.