Freddy M.
Freddy M., Customer Service
Experience:  Years of experience
15852642

Mx472 --adf will not work when coping but will work when s

Customer Question

mx472 --adf will not work when coping but will work when scanning
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  ElectronicsPete replied 2 years ago.
I am Pete, and I'll be happy to assist with your question today.
Did the ADF work ok previously when copying?
What happens now- does the page feed in? Do you get an error? Do you get a blank page out? Does the ADF jam?
Customer: replied 2 years ago.

yes it worked fine for coping. the page does not feed. I do not get an error. yes on blank page. the ADF seens to work fine for scanning.

Customer: replied 2 years ago.

It has been 12 days if you don't know anything I will ask someone else and I would like my money back!!!!

Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Relist: Other.
never answered my question in 12 days
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem. I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this. There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure. What is the exact and entire error you got including any numbers?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
There was no error message just telling me to put paper on tray. No error message at all.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You said it gave no error message then immediately said "just telling me to put paper on tray". That is the error message, please give me the exact and entire message exactly the way it is shown to you when it comes up.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Place The document on the platen
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
That should only come up if you doid not select ADF in the computer software when you start the scan. How are you scanning?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
I can only scan if I use my laptop. It will use the top dock without any problem. I cannot use the top doc for coping any more. B
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I meant what program are you using to start the scan?
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
On the computer I used Canon scan utility too.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
On the computer is how you need to start the scan to use the ADF properly, have you been starting it from the printer? If so use these steps instead please: Click Here If this did not work, please come back and let me know what happened when you tried it by clicking on reply to expert so we can continue. If it did work, please don’t forget to leave a positive rating - it is greatly appreciated.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Did not help still cannot use the dock for multi copying.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
You said you were scanning before......now you want to copy? You also did not say at all what happened when you tried the steps I just gave you, so what happened when you tried it?
.
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 2 years ago.
.
I apologize but I need to opt out and open this to all experts. Please leave those answers for the next person.
.
Customer: replied 2 years ago.
Thank you for your response you were helpful unfortunately I have to go to work so I will not be able to try your link yet until tonight.