Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have model L90 fax, it will not let me fax. I can receive faxes but

Customer Question

i have model L90 fax, it will not let me fax. I can receive faxes but cannot fax out.
it say check scanning area.
I do not know where the scanning area is.
Category: Office Equipment
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am waiting please call when ready. I am walking away from computer
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
The scanning area is where the scanner is, that 'reads' the image of the page you want sent.
In your Canon L90, this indicates several things, one of which, that you might be able to fix.
First, unplug the machine.
Second, remove the paper tray and paper stack from the machine, set it aside.
Third, lower the scanning platform (that's what it is called - it's a part on the 'roof' of what you have revealed of the interior of the machine by removing the paper tray).
Fourth, with a clean dry cloth, or perhaps dampened with a bit of warm water... wipe the scanning glass and the white strip above or beyond it, clean.
Fifth, close up the machine, try scanning/sending again, after turning the machine On again.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No this did not fix the problem I asked you call ne
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope I am not charged. I asked for a call
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Unfortunately I am not at liberty to offer a phone call as Additional Service, myself. (I interpreted your request for a 'call' wrongly - and had no means to offer the Additional Service in question.
I have Opted Out - with apologies - in favor of another Expert that can help you with the problem, and deliver the Additional Service of a phone call.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I hope u am not charged. I really do not feel telling someone to turn machine off and on is worth the cost.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
You will not be charged for my Answer, unless you approve of it, I assure you.
If there are any further questions you have about billing, payments, the site's terms, etc... please contact Customer Support at JustAnswer.com, through:
http://ww2.justanswer.com/contact-us
I am sure they will address your concerns with reasonable promptness.