Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My Ricoh C901+ will not power up

Customer Question

My Ricoh C901+ will not power up
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Check the power connections, of course - the power cord, and the outlet it is plugged into, need to be checked first of all. Outlets can go bad; the ideal thing is quick enough: switch the outlet you use for another.
Then make sure the power cord is still attached to the Ricoh machine, of course.
After those basics, you may have a tripped ground leakage breaker. This machine has two of them. NOTE: If they are in the Off position, do not turn them to On - you could do various kinds of damage.
This page tells about the ground leakage breakers:
http://support.ricoh.com/bb_v1oi/pub_e/oi_view/0001040/0001040243/view/trouble/unv/0116.htm
and shows pictures of how they look:
http://support.ricoh.com/bb_v1oi/pub_e/oi_view/0001040/0001040243/view/trouble/image/cal151.gif
and note that the 'Off' position is when the switch at the top of the breaker, is in the down position.
Let me know whether either of the two ground breakers is tripped (in the Off position), and I will advise you further. Note that if they *are* Off / tripped, you must not do anything hastily... the situation could be grave, and the worst that could happen is, for instance, an electrical fire. So, a ground breaker in the Off / tripped position, should not be touched without further consideration ... and further advice from me.
Let me know. Thanks.