Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

Have a "Brother"Electronic Typewriter Model AX450. Just fail

Customer Question

Have a "Brother"Electronic Typewriter Model AX450. Just failed to switch on. Is it fixable?
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
That depends upon how much money you are willing to spend, I think.
The problem is non-specific - failure to switch On, and presumably no sign of life or power. So it is hard at this point to tell what is wrong with the machine.
Of course, try checking the power connection - plug into an altogether different outlet, make sure the power cord is not damaged or unplugged, etc. - to make sure nothing obvious has been overlooked.
After that, the decision is yours as to whether to have it repaired, or replace it, etc. To get an idea of the repair cost to you, go to
https://brother.com.au/component/com_sfg/Itemid,505/formid,8/
and enter an inquiry for contact info and addresses for Brother typewriter repair centers nearby to your location, and when you have that information, call one of them, asking for an estimate on the repair cost for this problem with your model the Brother AX450 typewriter.