Michael Hannigan
Michael Hannigan, Technician
Experience:  25+ Years of Experience in Computers and Electronics. Office Equipment Expert.
23511658

I have the Xerox Workcentre 5050 Digital Copier and I am trying

Customer Question

I have the Xerox Workcentre 5050 Digital Copier and I am trying to do an upgrade with the Software Utility from 2007. The copier is getting to the "Software Updgrade in Progress" screen that displays the following:
SIP[]
IOT[]
UI[]
NC[]
DAOH[]
FAX[]
Output[]
0% 25% 50% 75% 100%
However, the percentages are not progressing as they should. Instead, on my laptop, I get the following error message:
"Xerox machine not available or communication error detected."
"Please read Software Upgrade Help Trouble Shoot Guide to assist in diagnosing the problem."
I have ran the software several times and continue to recieve this same error every time. Any help that you offer will be greatly appreciated.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Michael Hannigan replied 2 years ago.
Hello. My name is***** can help you with your question. You can do this upgrade manually from the management page on the copier. To do this you only need the file with the firmware and access to the printer's webpages.1. Power on the WorkCentre and wait for a configuration report to be printed.2. Open a Web Browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Netscape, etc.).3. Enter the URL, using the format "http://xx.xxx.xxx.xx" and press Enter. (‘xx.xxx.xxx.xx’ is the WorkCentre IP Address, which can be found on the Configuration Report under Section ‘TCP/IP Settings’), or select it from the drop-down list if previously used.4. Select the “Index” icon in top right hand side of web page.5. Select “Manual Upgrade”.6. Select the Browse button and locate the required file for a WorkCentre: D050307000_00_1.DLM7. Select the ‘Install Software’ option. A pop-up will be shown with the message ‘File has been submitted’; select OK. If a pop-up appears displaying “File has not been submitted”, repeat the process from Step 4, ensuring the correct filename has been used.