Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My CLX6200FX doesn't say Ready. It says ready to Copy, Fax, or Sc

Customer Question

My CLX6200FX doesn't say Ready. It says ready to Copy, Fax, or Scan. What is default so it will pick up a Fax when one comes in? It is flashing toner low (blue) but I'm not replacing that till it's empty. I just got the machine as a gift.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Freddy M. replied 1 year ago.
.
Hello my name is***** look forward to assisting and am very sorry to hear that you are having this problem.
I want to warn you that it is possible you will need to replace a part in order to fix this.
There are a few different things that can cause this and a couple different parts so we would need to troubleshoot to find out for sure.
Will it allow you to print? If it will not print from a computer it will not accept a fax either until whatever is stopping it is fixed. In this case most likely the blue needing to be replaced. If it does printer, what happens when you receive a fax?
.