Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

My xerox workcentre 6505 stop printing from tray 1 & only worked

Customer Question

my xerox workcentre 6505 stop printing from tray 1 & only worked as manual feed. I installed new driver (which is a mobile network driver) and it is printing from tray 1 but now won't do 2-sided copies. I have windows 8
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.
Is the new driver you installed a generic driver, or is it one specifically designed for this particular model of printer?
- if a generic driver, then its not performing more elaborate functions is not a surprise. A specifically designed driver is needed for such functions.
Do you mean that the 2-sided function is not available in the driver settings for your printer?
If the 2-sided function is avialable but won't actually work, how does it not work?
If your Windows 8 is the 32-bit variety not the 64-bit type, here's where to get the proper driver for your model of printer:
http://www.support.xerox.com/support/workcentre-6505/downloads/enus.html?operatingSystem=win8&fileLanguage=en
- the second one from the top would be the one to download and install.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I am running Windows 8 64-bit. Also I have had this printer for about a year and a half & it does print 2-sided. Every once & a while it stops printing 2-sided copies and it switches over to manual feed if I try to do a 2-sided copy. I usually download a new driver and that seems to solve the problem. This time however it stopped printing from tray 1 altogether 2-sided or not. So I downloaded the same driver you recommended and it did start printing from tray 1 but if I try to print a 2-sided copy it is telling me that this printer is not able to print 2-sided copies. And that is where I am right now.
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
What message exactly comes up when you attempt 2-sided printing?
Is the option to do so still present in the driver settings?
Look in
Start - Control Panel - Devices and Printers
right-click upon the icon representing your printer, and choose
Properties
and there are the driver settings. See if you can enable 2-sided printing (maybe referenced as 'Duplex' printing) from there. That may be necessary.