Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

I have a used hc5500r Riso duplicator that won't run

Customer Question

Hello, I have a used hc5500r Riso duplicator that won't run because the magenta ink shows a problem even though there is a half full container. Is it the ink dispenser cartridge or is it a chip for it or a new sensor? -Rj
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Try re-seating the magenta ink cartridge - take it out briefly, examine it briefly (for signs of leakage, loose toner on its connectors or elsewhere, etc.), put it in again.If there is evidence of spilled toner, clean the contacts first, with a clean dry lint-free rag cloth.If there is a lot of spilled ink or toner, then you should ask me for an in-depth cleaning procedure that I can cite for you. After that ... if the cartridge still doesn't show as full, or ink level for magenta remains low / otherwise fails to improve, you may need to replace the cartridge... or perhaps a new sensor for the ink level would be more appropriate.