Russell H., Service Tech.
Experience:  10 yrs fixing office equipment. Decades of typewriter fixes.
13568747

When i try to fax it answers i need a access code ive had my

Customer Question

when i try to fax it answers i need a access code ive had my fax printer for five yrs with no problems. what is an access code.
Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Russell H. replied 1 year ago.
Hi, thank you for contacting JustAnswer.com. My name is Russell. I will do my best to provide the right answer to your question.Try this, to test and find out what's with the access code:unplug the phone line from the fax, and connect a voice phone handset to the line the fax was using. Lift the receiver and try dialing out a fax number that you are sure has recently required an access code.Does that require an access number too? if so, then the problem is not with your fax, and may be at the other end. Contact the other end, by voice phone, and see if they have a clue, or can fix it / disable it. Often enough, fax problems can be at the other end. It may be that is the problem in this case. If not, then maybe your local phone system or phone switching requires the access code to dial out? let me know what you find out. Thanks.