Carl L
Carl L, Master Technician
Experience:  Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
27991594

I purchased Memorex LabelMaker version 5.0 at Office Max recently.

Customer Question

Purchased Memorex LabelMaker version 5.0 recently. It said compatible with Windows 7 32 bit. I did not know that my Windows 7 is 64 bit. Since installation and Windows 7 updates, my computer is crashing. I just realized that the labelmaker is not compatible with my OS. Is there an update to fix my issue. My question is why is computer crashing?

Category: Office Equipment
Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.

Hi, and welcome to Just Answer. My name is XXXXX XXXXX my #1 goal today is to provide you with Excellent Service .

Try using the Memorex Expressit Software for your Disk Labeling projects. You can get it free here. It's suppose to be 64 compatible. Let me know if you run into any problems.

Hope this helps and please don't forget to click on a Positive Rating below today.

Thank You!

-Carl

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

My pc will not load so I tried to go to memorex expressit software. It goes to "gimp" and downloaded. Is that okay?

Also, my real question probably should have been why my pc keeps crashing. I only am guessing that the problem is with the labelmaker program. It may be that my windows 7 updates are causing my problem?? thanks for your advise.

Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.

Updates do cause problems. Let's reverse them by performing a System Restore. Click Start and in the box enter System Restore and press enter. Pick a date back to when it wasn't crashing and follow through with the Restore. The crashing should stop completely after that.

From there click on the Download link I gave you and save the file. Once downloaded, open it and install the Software. That should be all you need to do to fix these problems.

Carl L, Master Technician
Experience: Current Electronics Shop Owner and Master Technician in FL.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I will try the system restore now. I am not able to open the Download link you gave me. Please resend with the http:// information so I can connect to it. Will be off line while I do the system restore and will check back when completed. Thank you

Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.

Click HERE for the download.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

The Click Here (underlined) will not load on my system? Please send me the actual Link

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I have purchased and installed DriverUpdate and FixCleaner. They made alot of changes and will have to wait and see if that will fix all my problems. I think that was what the expressit was for??

Thank you very much for your help. Will report back to you in a day or two. Glenda

Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.
Expressit is a Disk Labeling Software that's supposed to work on 64 bit Operating Systems. Let me know how it all goes.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

oOPS! I guess I did not get what I was suppose to! There are so many things out there and I guess I bought repair/fix programs. Oh well, they seem to be fixing my drivers and such! Is the Expressit a totally separate program from LabelMaker? Should I uninstall the Label Maker 5.0 program? I will try to look up Expressit. Thanks, glenda

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I just tried to install Expressit and it says it is for Windows XP not Windows 7 and is incompatible with my OS

Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.
Which version did you download? It stated that it was Windows 7 Compatible. I have Windows 7 and just installed the version I sent you in the link and it installs and works fine. It's version 4.3 that you're looking for.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

I can't find the correct link for that version. I followed the link you gave me and it does not work?? Keeps coming up as Cnet download

Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.

When you click on that link, it should instantly give you the option to either Run it or Save it. It's the Main Program Installer so CNET shouldn't have anything to do with it.

If you're having troubles, I can connect to you remotely and try to install it for you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Okay, I will give you permission. Let me know what to do?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.

do you want my cell phone to call?

Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.
They don't allow us to call. What I need for you to do to get me connected is to click on the link below, agree to the box, then join the session. Here's the link: http://67.192.95.188:8040/?Session=3c65c8a9-16a8-4a97-aba4-c891aec9d669&SUPPORT=NET. I'll be able to connect from there and try to install the Software for you.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.

Dear Carl L -- I have been unavailable for the last 3 days. I will need to ask you another question on the label machine as I am going to try the steps you gave me on my laptop. Tomorrow will be the first chance I get to work on it. Want to try what you showed me on the other computer before I contact you. Thank you Glenda

Expert:  Carl L replied 1 year ago.

Hey Glenda,

It's good to hear from you again and hope all is well.

What exactly are you needing help with now that the Software is installed and working on your Computer?