Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

I'm 52 yrs and have had depression since childhood they seem

Customer Question

Hi I'm 52 yrs and have had depression since childhood they seem to think since the on set of puberty. I started taking depo after my third child i think i came off it because I was going to have another child but the longer I was off it the worse my depression got so I went back on it and I was good. Looking back now I think my depression started getting worse when I came off it and think I should try it again I'm now 52 and not controlling my emotions very well
JA: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?
Customer: Yes 1yr ago
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Nothing i can think of
Submitted: 10 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 10 days ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Just to check here--

Are you asking if it would be safe and effective with your depression for you to get the depo injections again?

Customer: replied 10 days ago.
I'm not sure what else to do or why I having problems with depression again. The only reason I can think of is that I have come off depo
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 10 days ago.
Hi, thank you for choosing Justanswer about your concern. I'm Dr Ted Manos M.D., obgyn and it wouldn't hurt to have your doctor give you depo provera again to see if it will help the depression issue. If your doctor won't prescribe it, some other provider may prescribe it for you. I hope my information helps ease your problem.