Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS. Deal with women related all surgical problems including genito-urinary and breast surgery.
5625079

I'm have some discomfort, Like 2 months ago and no, My

Customer Question

I'm have some discomfort
JA: When was your last pap smear? Have you ever had an irregular pap?
Customer: Like 2 months ago and no
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My grandmother had ovarian cancer
Submitted: 8 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
I've been having some discomfort I thought it may have been a yeast infection so I bout over the counter meds but not I'm getting a soreness in my lower abdomen and also when I sit down Ita very uncomfortable...
Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 8 days ago.

What is your age?

Where is the pain when you sit?

Do you have any vaginal discharge, urinary burning, increased urinary frequency?

Since when are your symptoms?

I am sorry, I cannot phone you but we can continue chat here.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
23 and it sorta burns when I pee and yes I have to pee frequently but the pain in in my vaginal area like inner I would say it's almost like if you put a tampon in wrong the discomfort feeling and my symptoms started about a few days ago and I am also late on my cycle but I took some pregnancy test and they were negative.

Thanks for the additional information. I am writing the answer for you and will get back to you in a few minutes. If you get a phone call request, you may ignore it as that is an automated site trigger. Thank you.

Customer: replied 8 days ago.
Also when my partner and I tried to have intercourse I was in a lot of pain it's like I'm very tender or swollen

Soreness in lower abdomen, pain on sitting, increased frequency of urination and burning urination are indicative of urinary tract infection. A UTI can also cause vaginal pain/discomfort and delay in period. This delay in period can in turn again be responsible for the vaginal pain and heaviness. When period does not happen at the assigned time; uterus gets bulky and can cause vagina discomfort.

If you are exposed to unprotected sex; you may get a blood test to rule out pregnancy categorically. Many times, a home urine pregnancy test may not come positive in the first week of missed period. The blood pregnancy test is very sensitive.

You may also get a urine exam and a culture to look for the infection. Meanwhile following may help you;

1) Drinking plenty of fluids and water

2) Cranberry extract capsule

3) Avoiding alcohol drinks and caffeine drinks.

4) Pyridium which is urinary analgesic and is available without prescription.

You may need a course of antibiotics.

A UTI can cause pain during sex. The other cause of pain during sex is cervix infection or cervix polyp. This will need exam by your doctor.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Was this information helpful to you? I would be glad to answer any further questions. It is privilege assisting you.Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.Please consider a positive 5 star rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.The rating button is on the left upper side of this thread.Thank you.Wishing you all the very best in life.