Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I've been having irregular periods one was double then

Customer Question

Hello I've been having irregular periods one was double then normal now I'm double again but this one is spotty. Now I have an intense burning feeling and it occurs not when I urinate but if I do not much comes out anyway. I am extremely prone to UTIs but this isn't like any of the other ones I've delt with before.
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: What do you mean?
JA: What confuses you?
Customer: I'm 19 so I don't think I have a medical record
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Im anemic but I don't know if that helps but that's it really
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Ashori replied 1 month ago.

UTI's can present in many different ways. Sometimes just abdomen pains, or only back pains. Other times there is urgency, hesitation to urinate or frequency.

What question do you have for me that I may answer?

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
I know that UTIs can be different I've had about every symptom imaginable from them what I'm concerned about is the irregular period portion of my question. I had double periods two months ago then last month was normal now this month I've doubled again although it isn't as heavy as it was last month then I had burning sensation that felt like someone had just lit me on fire, I couldn't sit I wouldn't walk it hurt just to be and it only intensified if I had to use the restroom during that time it didn't come and go like it does with UTIs, it came out of nowhere lasting hours them seemingly went away. I just want to know what is happening why am I have double periods should I be concerned? Should I take anything?