Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I woke up this morning and had a gush of watery blood

Customer Question

I woke up this morning and had a gush of watery blood discharge but I've haven't had a period for a few months and it's the first time this has happened and I'm not sure why
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: No
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm on the Cerrel pill
Submitted: 5 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 days ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

Do you have any known medical illness?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Customer: replied 5 days ago.
No I don't
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for the quick reply.

The symptoms you have described of having gush of watery blood discharge this morning & did not have the period since last few months can be due to various causes.

The most common causes are:stress,being overweight or underweight,imbalance of hormones,polycystic ovarian syndrome/estrogen dominance,uterine abnormalities (fibroids/cysts/polyps/endometriosis).

You need clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels. A pelvic exam is required to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid, or a uterine infection.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

This is not serious or dangerous but the cause needs to be evaluated.

So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 days ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 5 days ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

So the underlying cause of this needs to be detected.

As of now this is not serious or dangerous.You need pap smear,endometrial biopsy,pelvic ultrasound,a complete physical, including evaluations of thyroid function.

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

If you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh