Dr. Chip
Dr. Chip, General practice
Experience:  I have had years of experience with Outpatient Medicine and have treated many routine GYN disorders.
18722459

Please. So about three weeks ago my mirena came out. I think

Customer Question

Hi! Yes, please. So about three weeks ago my mirena came out. I think I pulled it out by accident. I started, what I thought was like a menstrual cycle. Lasted about 5 to 7 days, but prior to this bleeding I had my "cycle", which would last forever sometimes. But now recently I've been having painful sex, it's only painful with the head of the penis pushes against my cervix. I aplogize if that's tmi. But my question is so I be concerned? I am a little worry that something's wrong down there.
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Mm not really...
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I'm not sure. I have two children, the youngest is 8 months old and my oldest is 7 years old. I've had about 4 abortions and although I've never had a breakout I'm positive for genital herpes.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 months ago.

Hello I'm Dr Chip

Just to check--are you having any discharge or burning?

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
No. I'm not. Maybe a clear mucous discharge but I think that might just be the sperm(?)
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 months ago.

OK

Nothing too serious here

You've got an inflamed cervix--probably from when you pulled out the mirena

It's been aggravated by the hormonal shift from that happening

You need to have your doctor check this out and once you get a new mirena this should resolve itself

Please let me know if you need any more information

Customer: replied 2 months ago.
Ok that's a bit of a relieve. I will make appointment than. I was just worried it can be something worse. However I don't wish to have the mirena out back in.
Expert:  Dr. Chip replied 2 months ago.

Let me know how it goes

And please click on the 5 star excellent rating icon so I can get credit for my time with you