DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

My pelvic felt bruised so i took a shower and the outer lip

Customer Question

My pelvic felt bruised so i took a shower and the outer lip of my vagina hurt to touch and was swollen. It felt better the next day but is still sore but better. What would have caused this?
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: No I worked 3 days in a row and was on my feet for twelve hours a day but that was all.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 months ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 months ago.

Of course this should prompt an exam.

Trauma can cause this.

Allergic reaction.

Infection.

A cyst that has drained.

If it does not resolve today, this should be examined.

Please click a positive rating on the rating scale [we are paid on the basis of positive ratings] and be sure to let me know if you have not finished with any questions.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 months ago.

Please read my answer above.

You are welcome anytime.

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I haven't had any problems before it came out of nowhere when i woke up the next morning it felt better but still sore and has become better throughout the day. Would a draining cyst cause this?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 3 months ago.

Yes as I said a draining cyst could cause this.

And allergic reaction is likely.