Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

How can we get a tampon out that can't be reached? No, just

Customer Question

How can we get a tampon out that can't be reached?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: No, just happened this evening. Microgestin
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No, not that I can think of
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

What is your age?

How many hours ago you think you have lost tampon inside?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online

If a tampon is not removed, it can lead to a problem known as toxic shock syndrome which is a rare but dangerous bacterial infection.

Following will help you to remove lost tampon:

• Sit on the toilet. . Bear down like when having a bowel movement or pushing out a baby. This can push the tampon down.
  • Wash your hands. Then try to find it with one finger. Once you have located it, use your finger and thumb to grab onto it and pull it out.
  • Tampon manufacturers advise that a tampon shouldn’t be left in for more than eight hours.

If you still can't get the tampon out, you need to go to your GP/gynecologist.Your doctor will immediately spot the lost tampon and remove it with a clamp.This is something that is urgent and needs to be dealt with quickly. Waiting around can lead to a serious infections.

I can understand your condition but please do not get embarrassed.We doctors deal such cases routinely.Your gynecologist will remove this & this will prevent the infection.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Dear customer

Do you have any other follow up question?

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 1 month ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going. Were you able to remove the tampon?

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you.

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh