DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
24257177

I'm having an issue with breakthrough bleeding for the last

Customer Question

I'm having an issue with breakthrough bleeding for the last 2 weeks. I called my physician and still waiting on a returned call. How can I make it stop?
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: My physician did the endometrial ablation in 2013. The bleeding stopped for a while, then started back. I was on the birth control pills and stopped taking them in Dec 2015. Ironically, the bleeding stopped and just started back again Dec 2016.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have high blood pressure which is under control but I assumed the bleeding started back due to a stressful holiday season. My uncle and step dad were sick and one is still in ICU. So, could you find out if stress is a factor?
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: Excellent
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

Hi.
Welcome to just answer. I am here to answer questions for education and information. I will respond shortly with an answer, or a question for you

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 month ago.

it is not like you can simply make this stop.

You might need to go back on medication.

Bleeding can recur for many reasons: hormone imbalance, stress, extreme weight change, recurrence of the original problem, and so on.

A complete evaluation by the surgeon is needed currently.

In addition to exam:

All routine labs

urinalysis

thyroid studies

sex hormone panel with shbg

for starters.

Please click a positive rating on the rating scale [we are paid on the basis of positive ratings] and be sure to let me know if you have finished with any questions.