Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I believe that I may have vulvodynia, as I had what I

Customer Question

I believe that I may have vulvodynia, as I had what I thought was a UTI for more than 4 months now. Three urinalysis have come out clean. I have been given antibiotics, pencillin, vaginal creams, medication for overactive bladder. I have to urinate about every 15 minutes and the burning is severe. The itching and leaking are not so bad. Do you think there is a possibility that I may have this condition?
JA: How long have you been dealing with the burning? Are you experiencing any other discomfort?
Customer: I'd say 4 to 5 months. I am leeking urine and i have frequent dribbles of urine, with burning.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have had yeast and UTI infections in the past, but when I was much younger. I am 65 now.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DocPhilMD replied 4 months ago.

Hi, this is Dr Phil, here to assist you. I am Board Certified with over 10 years of experience. I will respond with my answer shortly. Thank you.

It sounds more like interstitial cystitis to me

has this been checked?

just click send to reply