Dr Anil Kumar
Dr Anil Kumar, Doctor
Experience:  M.D with over 30 years of experience in practice.
4713694

I am 47 years old female and recently starting being

Customer Question

I am 47 years old female and recently starting being sexually active with one partner after not having sex for 6 years. After oral sex, I experience bleeding but not with intercourse. Can you tell me what my be the problem?
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Anil Kumar replied 1 month ago.

Hello and thanks for trusting me to help you. I am a board certified consultant with over 30 years of experience.

Please provide more information regarding your question so I can help you in detail.Any history of fingering?

Lack of lubrication or dryness?

Pain during oral sex?

Thanks.
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
There is no fingering or pain or dryness, it's just oral. We do not use lubrication and and we use a condom during intercourse. I tend to be sensitive so I don't know if the condom is causing anything? My last partner was my ex and he had a vasectomy. I had an ablasion and bladder mesh surgery 5 years ago, if there is any relation.

Thanks for all these additional information.
I understand your concern.

Well as you describe,the intensity of stimulation from oral sex can cause tissue inflammation. (Tissue swells as blood and fluid responds to stimulation).

Every woman produces different amounts of natural vaginal lubricant. This can increase and decrease based on many factors and can vary by age.

As you had sex after a long period of time and with growing age(vaginal wall thinning) so after a period of intense stimulation your amount of lubrication may be exhausted, leaving your tissues dry and irritated resulting in bleeding.

If the bleeding is less than 1 to 2 pads per hour, this will stop on its own.

If it'll persist more than 5 days then see your gynecologist for a clinical examination for further evaluation and management.

Let me know if you have any further query so we can discuss it thoroughly in every aspect.
Please use the REPLY/SEND BUTTON to reply back to me. It's request to avoid poor/bad rating.
Please provide a positive rating by clicking on 5 stars.
It’s my pleasure to continue this conversation until you satisfy.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.

It's my privilege to help you if you have any further query regarding your this health issue.
May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.

Customer: replied 1 month ago.
The bleeding is only at that moment and that's it. Im seeing a doctor on the 16th but meanwhile should I abstain from sex?

Thanks for the follow-up.

If bleeding is minimal then you should use a small amount of water based lubricant during sex and take an anti-inflammatory and a cool water sitz bath with betadine solution for few days.

I wish for your good health.
Please do not forget to leave positive rating by clicking 5 stars if you are satisfied with our conversation. Bonus is highly appreciated.
We can continue our conversation even after you provide rating.

Kind Regards
Dr.Anil

May I help you further?
Waiting for your response.