Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS. Deal with women related all surgical problems including genito-urinary and breast surgery.
5625079

The other day I messaged you about issues I was having. My

Customer Question

The other day I messaged you about issues I was having. My tests came back and they were all negative (yeast, BV, STIs). It has gotten a lot better, but I'm having tingling sensations tonight. Is it possible that this is because everything is still healing? Or could this be herpes? I don't see any blisters or lesions. Vaginal discharge has decreased dramatically, but now is a bit more yellow. I thought this could be from the monistat I was using???
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Your previous photos pointed a yeast infection as white discharge is pointer to it. Monistat helps in it and your yellow discharge may be due to it. Since you are improving and your investigations were negative, you should be alright in a week or so. Following measures would also help you; avoid (if you do) following;

1) panty liners,

2) pantyhose,

3) sexual lubricants

These are recommended:

1) Wear loose, all cotton underwear as they absorbs body moisture.

2) Wipe front to back when you urinate or have a bowel movement. Bowel bacteria can infect vagina.

3) Do not shave the vulvar area as the pubic hair protects against chemicals making contact with the skin.

4) Avoid all chemicals in the Vulvo vaginal area.
5) Avoid pantyhose and tight pants such as jeans which trap moisture near in the perineum
6) After exercise or any sweat producing activity, bathing or swimming, make sure the perineum is air dried., Moist surfaces that rub against each other break down and provide an area for yeast secondary growth ,

7) Follow a low carbohydrate diet. Take steroids, antibiotics and oral contraceptives only if very necessary.

Your previous white discharge and symptoms could have these possibilities too;

1) Physiological leukorrhea; this refers to generally not bad smelling, mucous, white or yellowish vaginal discharge in the absence of a pathological cause. It is not accompanied by other signs and symptoms, such as itching, pain, burning or irritation.

Physiological leukorrhea is usually due to estrogen induced changes. Although the reason for the increased or altered discharge is not always known, one can be reassured that this is unlikely to be a pathologic finding (if there is a normal vaginal and cervical examination, normal vaginal pH), normal findings on microscopy, and negative amine test. Treatment is then unnecessary.

2) Vaginal discharge due to

a) irritants (scented panty liners, spermicides, soaps and perfumes, and local application drugs)

and

b) allergens (latex condoms, topical antifungal agents, seminal fluid).

Wish you a very happy, prosperous, healthy and safe new year 2017.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It seems to be looking a lot better, but still a bit red. It is really itchy in the last 18 hours, even burns a bit. I did have on tight jeans yesterday and was sitting for a long time at the hospital with my son (5 months and has a uti). Could this aggravate it?? Or could herpes still be a realality? Everything else looks better, except the itching and burning in the last 18 hours. Still no classic blisters, or any indication of them. Can you really be asymptomatic? Does not hurt to pee, not tired or sick, and lymph nodes not enlarged.
Could this be signs of herpes? Or am I still just healing from very rough/non lubericated sex? Could it be the monistat cream I put on at night that makes the raw skin burn?? I'm nervous, even though all other tests came back negative. My dr also thought lichen sc..(sp?) when she first did the swabs. I won't see her till next Friday.

Tight jeans and sitting long aggravates it.

Herpes is unlikely with your symptoms. So not to worry about it.

Non lubricated rough sex is partly responsible for these symptoms as well as Monistat.

I do not think it to be lichen sclerosus.

Best wishes,
It was my pleasure to help you.
If I have answered all your questions, Please rate my response Excellent (click on the 5th star).
Please bookmark my profile for fast, reliable authentic answers!
This is the link to my profile:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-drarunphophalia/

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.