Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

Is it safe to do crossfit workouts in the 5 weeks of

Customer Question

Is it safe to do crossfit workouts in the 5 weeks of pregnancy
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Not sure. I'd assume not
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: No
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Captain replied 4 months ago.

Hello!

Welcome to the JustAnswer.com question/answer interface.

I am a Family Medicine doctor, board certified with active licenses and certification in Internal Medicine, Pediatrics, Obstetrics and Gynecology, as well as Integrative Medicine & Naturopathy, with advanced training in Neurology, Cardiovascular Medicine, Gastroenterology, Endocrinology, and Psychiatry. I am also well-trained in Functional Medicine. For your review, here is my direct link with my current ratings: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-familydoctor/

I have read your post and observations. I will first provide a summary answer to your question, AND, if you would prefer some additional back-and-forth, with additional questions and more details clarified, I'm more than happy to stay around with you, free of any additional cost to you. You can continue to ask questions and receive answers without additional charges.

Our goal here is for your satisfaction, and I’ll do my best to take the appropriate time to help you.

The simple answer is "yes," just about all exercise is allowable in pregnancy. As long as you are cautious and careful, with the exercises, with hydration, and with your abdomen as it grows larger, you're quite safe to exercise, even vigorously, until close to the end!