Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I married on February 2, 2014 and now its been 3 years my

Customer Question

I married on February 2 , 2014 and now its been 3 years my wife is not getting pregnant .
We spent a lot of money every month visiting doctors , ultrasounds , semen tests and medicines .
Doctors said everything is fine and we can wait or we can have baby with different way like IVF etc .
But we dont want to have baby this way ...we want to have baby the natural way ...
I am looking for an expert doctor to whom i can show the reports etc and get suggestions guidance for having baby naturally .
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 4 months ago.

Welcome to JustAnswer. I would be happy to look at your results and make suggestions. You can use the paper clip to attach the reports.

Do you know whether your wife ovulates every month and on which day?

Are you able to have intercourse soon before she ovulates? Thank you.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
I dont know exactly when she ovulates ....we just see if its wet we think it ovulation day and then we intercourse .

And are you able to attach the reports?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i can attach them later as i am at work now and reports are at home
i can see if my wife send it to me now

Does your wife have very regular periods, and does she get wet around the middle of every month?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
my wife conceived in the second month after we got married ......but after two months of conceiving we had to disolve it by medicines because of no growth ..... doctor said if we will not disolve it by medicine then in third month we have to do obortion and which will be more pain full
so after that my wife never conceived again .

Has your wife had an x-ray showing that her Fallopian tubes are open?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry i forgot to tell that we had Lapro 4 months before and they said all is well

Do the doctors say that your wife has "unexplained infertility"?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
No
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
See
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lapro
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lapro report
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Lapro reportt
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Semen first report
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Semen second report

After the laparoscopy, the doctor planned IUI, which is inseminations of your sperm (after treatment) into your wife's cervix. Have they done this?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no we did not agree for this

In the US, I believe your wife would be given a diagnosis of unexplained infertility, which means that we don't find any specific reason that she is not getting pregnant. That doesn't mean that there is no reason, but just that our tests can't find the reason.

Sometimes that means there are a number of small reason. ONe reason for your wife is that her left Fallopian tube may not be open. At the laparoscopy, they were not able to push any dye through the left tube, although the tube looked normal.

Many women with unexplained infertility can become pregnant. Sometimes it's just a matter of more time, plus having intercourse each month at the right time.

There are things we can do that often help, and IUI is one of them. It's a fairly simple procedure, not at all so complicated as IVF.

The fact that your wife got pregnant once is hopeful. Despite all of our tests, the only way we can know for sure that a woman can get pregnant is by the fact that she gets pregnant.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
now what should we do instead of IUI
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
shes having periods on 3rd ( two days before today )

Since you don't wish to try IUI, the best way for your wife to get pregnant is by having sex each month soon before ovulation. It sounds like you're doing that. If she gets wet at the middle of the month, that is strongly suggestive that she is getting ready to ovulate. To do this more precisely, she could do ovulation testing. There are urine tests (Ovulation Predictor Kits) that she can test her urine each day. When there is a positive test, that means she will ovulate within 24-36 hours, so you know to have sex that night and the next one.

Other than that, the most important thing is for your wife to stay as healthy as possible. That means good food, regular exercise of some sort, enough sleep each night, and avoid too much stress.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
can you guide us which product to use for ovulation test ? here in Pakistan everything almost fake so i will prefer buying something from USA

Does she take any medication?

Does she have any problem with her bowel movements?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what is bowel movements ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
she hate taking drugs even if she have headache

When she poops, defecates.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
sorry but i did not understand what you mean bowel & poop

There are many ovulation predictor test kits sold online. Here is one through Walgreens Drugstores in the US:

https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/ovulation-tests/ID=361287-tier3

Clearblue is a highly regarded product.

There are 2 things a person does in a toilet. One is to urinate. The other is to have a bowel movement, where the brown stuff comes out.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
lol you mean shit
so i have to ask her if she have any problem doing shit ?

Yes. There is a condition of the intestines called celiac disease that can affect fertility.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok i will ask her
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
i as far as i know she have stomach problem ......like digestion ......she have to push her stomach to get burp
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
after i buy the ovulation check stick what are the next steps to follow ? on which date we have to use the stick to check ovulation ? and on which day we have to do sex ...in which position for how long .....what we both should eat in that days ....what time is best for intercourse ?

Here is a website that discusses celiac disease https://celiac.org/celiac-disease/understanding-celiac-disease-2/what-is-celiac-disease/

There is a checklist under celiac disease symptoms she could fill out. If she has any digestion problems, she might have celiac disease. It's treated by avoiding any food with wheat, rye and barley.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok i will ask her to check the symptoms
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
which one of below will you prefer ?
https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/clearblue-fertility-monitor/ID=prod6284844-producthttps://www.walgreens.com/store/c/clearblue-fertility-monitor-test-sticks/ID=prod4889-producthttps://www.walgreens.com/store/c/clearblue-advanced-digital-ovulation-test/ID=prod6154485-product

The most important thing is to have sex soon before ovulation. Other things aren't so important.

She would start urine testing about 1-2 days before she expects to get wetness (or just when the wetness first starts, assuming she is wet for several days). She should test sometime after 12 noon.

Once a test is positive, you plan to have sex that night and the next night. The rest of the month, you just have sex for fun.

You should both eat good food all month. Eating near ovulation time is the same as the rest of the month.

It's probably best to have sex with you on top and for her to lie there for 5 minutes after sex.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Doctor instead of waiting to get wet and then doing ovulation test can we do ovulation test every day after periods end ? or we just wait for it to get wet and then do ovulation test and if its positive and then we do intercourse

You could do tests every day, but it would waste money. The test won't become positive until just before ovulation, which is usually about 14 days after her period starts.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
this month she is having periods from 3rd so thats mean ovulation will start on ?

I would get this one https://www.walgreens.com/store/c/clearblue-digital-ovulation-tests/ID=prod6007802-product

Does she usually get her period about the same day of each month?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no last time the date was 5-6th and this month its 3rd

Ovulation occurs about 14 days before the next period begins (since ovulation is what brings on the period 14 days later).

It sounds like she ovulates about every 28 days, so if her period started January 3, she would ovulate about January 16 (13 days later)

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
ok
Doctor is my Semen reports OK ? 100 % ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
what time should we intercourse .......i come home at 9-10 PM take dinner and then go to bed by 12-1 AM
She is a house wife doing house work all day

Your semen report looks OK. Nothing is 100%. You have up to 80% abnormal sperm, but we consider that normal. Your count and motility are good, and they're the most important.

Have intercourse whenever you both feel like having intercourse.

Over a long period of infertility, having intercourse can be stressful and feel like a job. Whatever you can do to make sex fun and happy is good.

Maybe right after you get home, maybe after dinner, maybe when you go to bed. It depends on what feels best to you and to your wife.

I hope that I've helped you.

Please click the rating stars so that I may receive credit for my answers. Thank you. I am hopeful that your wife will be pregnant sometime soon.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
after rating will i be able to contact you again ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
or the conversation ends after i rate ?

You can still contact me after rating.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
you will answer the same way faster

I will answer all your questions yes.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
also is it important for women to have orgasm to conceive ?
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
orgasm or discharge

No, orgasm isn't important for a woman to conceive. Neither is discharge.

Orgasm helps a woman to want to have sex again, but not to get pregnant.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
also is it important to put anything hard like pillow or cushion below the lower back of women ?

No, not important.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
we have spring mattress on bed ...is it OK ?

Yes. Mattress is not important except for comfort.