Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am on eliquis and been told it is safe as well as unsafe

Customer Question

I am on eliquis and been told it is safe as well as unsafe to take premain .0625. Tried to stop premarin several times but the side effects were so bad I couldn't do it. I started premarin when I was 26 because I had my uterus removed kept the overies. Been on premarin for many many years
JA: Have you seen a doctor about this yet? What medications are you taking?
Customer: yes I have seen two doctors and got two different answers .I am on eliquis 2.5 twice a day diltiazem 360 mg once a day premain 0.625 once a day
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I take the blood thinner for a-fib which I have had for 4 years I have been told my heart is strong. been told a month ago my heart is good by a heart specialist My blood work shows no problems which I just had a report on. I am told I am in good health
JA: In general, how has your health been lately?
Customer: very good and I am 84 years old I live alone and do everything myself except repairs I hire that done. I make quilts for my hobby and have many friends and I travel
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 4 months ago.

Did you taper permarin? What symptoms did you have when you stop it?

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
for 10 days had every symptom hot flashes every hour on the hour 2 hours sleep a night lived on ensure nothing solid made me sick nerves on edge angry moody etc.lost weight went from 113 to 110 lbs
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no phone calls computur is fine
Customer: replied 4 months ago.
no phone call computer is fine