khagihara
khagihara, OB/GYN (Doctor)
Experience:  Trained in OB & GYN for many years.
20084961

I am a bit concerned and very anxious about having

Customer Question

Hello. I am a bit concerned and very anxious about having something. I have had a circular ( kind of donut shaped but no raised edges, possibly like a circular indention) lesion on my labia (closer to the urethra) for about 5 weeks now. I went and got a pap and blood work done and everything cameback negative. I heard the HSV doesn't always show up though. It has not changed shape, color, or size. And it is not painful, whatsoever. I am just trying to get some piece of mind. Let me know if you can help. Thankyou.
Submitted: 18 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
hello?
Expert:  khagihara replied 18 days ago.

Can you attach the photos here? Pain or itch? Abnormal vaginal discharge?

Customer: replied 18 days ago.
I can. No itch, occasionally a tiny sting when I urinate, but not bad. And no discharge
Customer: replied 18 days ago.
the indention to the left
Expert:  khagihara replied 18 days ago.

I can't identify it. Can you circle the indentation on the image with a sharpie or something?

Customer: replied 17 days ago.
It is just to the right of the left finger
Expert:  khagihara replied 17 days ago.

Ulcers associated with syphilis, LGV (lymphogranuloma venereum), and granuloma inguinale are usually painless. Did you have tests for them? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Any weight change? When did you notice it? Any discharge from it? Is it getting worse? Any other symptoms? Are you aware of anything which might have triggered it? Any medical problems? Any surgeries? Any medications? Any family medical history? Do you use condoms?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I only had a test for shyphillis out of those three. Are all of those curable? So this is not a sign of herpes? I am 5.6 and weigh about 170. I noticed it 5 weeks ago. I have not noticed any discharge from it. It is not getting worse and havent noticed any other symptoms. I did shave the week before I noticed it. no surgeries. And I am only on Lutera (birth control) I always use condoms expect for a time about 2 months ago
Customer: replied 16 days ago.
The shyphillis test was negative
Expert:  khagihara replied 16 days ago.

They are curable. If it is herpes, it is painful. Did you shave there?

Customer: replied 16 days ago.
I did notice it about a week after I shaved, haven't since. Could it just be taking a long time to heal if it is a cut from shaving? How long does that usually take? Thanks.
Expert:  khagihara replied 16 days ago.

Lymphogranuloma venereum (LGV) is typically found in areas of East and West Africa, India, parts of Southeast Asia, and the Caribbean. This infection has rarely been reported in resource-rich countries, except in the context of localized outbreaks that were reported among men who have sex with men in urban areas in North America and Europe (eg, New York, Amsterdam, London). Granuloma inguinale, an uncommon infection caused by K. granulomatis, has been recognized in parts of India, Papua New Guinea, the Caribbean, southern Africa, and central Australia. They are very less likely in the US. Genital ulcers may also be caused by noninfectious etiologies including fixed drug reactions such as minocycline, Behçet's syndrome, neoplasms, and trauma. You noticed it 5 weeks ago. You should apply antibiotics such as neosporin for a while. If it is not healing, you should see a dermatologist to have exam.

Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I did notice it about a week after I shaved, haven't since. Could it just be taking a long time to heal if it is a cut from shaving? How long does that usually take? Thanks. how long should it take to heal, or how long until I should be worries if it does not heal with neosporin?
Expert:  khagihara replied 15 days ago.

Around 1 month.

Customer: replied 14 days ago.
Okay . So with you knowledge and experience, this does not look or sound like a case of herpes to you?
Expert:  khagihara replied 14 days ago.

No.