Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I am 29 weeks pregnant. I had a yeast infection and my

Customer Question

I am 29 weeks pregnant. I had a yeast infection and my midwife suggested an Apple Cider Rinse. After a few days symptoms went away. Now I no longer have the symptoms of a yeast infection, but have itchiness outside of the vagina where the pubic hair is. I tried vagisil and it worked for a bit, but not any more. While I wait for a check up is there anything I can do. Itching is unbearable.
JA: Have you been keeping a personal medical record?
Customer: Not really.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Not that I can think of. The only other time I had something similar was when I was pregnant with my other son.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 5 months ago.

Itching is pathognomic of fungal infections especially in the third trimester of pregnancy. If the itching is localized to the pubic hair then you should use Canesten (clotrimazole) skin cream on this area. If you also have vaginal discharge then a 7 day course of Canesten vagina cream should be done. If you want to wait for your doctor to decide whether you need the anti fungal or not then you can apply a topical steroid to help with the itch on the pubic area, you can use 1 percent hydrocortisone OTC for this purpose.

Hope this helps.
Please do leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 4 months ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.