Dr. Arun Phophalia, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, MS. Deal with women related all surgical problems including genito-urinary and breast surgery.
5625079

I'm not sure I just had a twenty day period heavy. Then for

Customer Question

I'm not sure I just had a twenty day period heavy. Then for days free then 5more heavy. Now I'm burning down there. I'm almost 48 is this normal.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: Not now but I have a high tolerance for pain. They were regular until two years ago when I skipped 4. But been regular since.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I have spina bifida, sip accute intermittent prophetic and have been constipated two weeks.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Arun Phophalia replied 5 months ago.

Hello! My name is***** to JustAnswer. I'm reviewing your question now, and will post back with the reply momentarily.

Let me at the outset tell you that this is not normal. The most common reason for this are:

1) Fibroid uterus

2) Hormonal aberrations.

There can be other causes too like polyp uterus, endometrial hypertrophy.

You wold need following investigations to ascertain the cause;

A. Ultrasound

B. Blood work for thyroid function tests, prolactin, FSH, LH, estradiol, progesterone.

Premenopause (which means that menopause may be nearing), may be responsible for your symptoms, but hormonal assessment is mandatory.

Please feel free for your follow up questions.

I would be happy to assist you further, if you need any more information.

Thanks for using Just Answer.

Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Thanks

You are very welcome.

It is privilege assisting you.

Please let me know if you have further queries or unanswered questions.

Please consider a positive rating if this interaction has been satisfactory, as this is the only way we experts are credited and compensated for the time and work. You are not charged again for giving a rating.

Thank you.

Wishing you all the very best in life.

Thank you for the opportunity to answer completely your Question. Please make sure to rate me because that is how I am credited and paid for my work.

Now, I will provide an Additional Service offer so that you have this option available on your question list to get a hold of me directly in the future.

This additional service offer can be used for

- if you would like to schedule a new, private email session or to ask me directly a new question. It's up to you.

Thank you.