Dr Uzair
Dr Uzair, Doctor
Experience:  MBBS, years of experience in the field of Surgery and Emergency Medicine.
27273415

I'd like to know when to take a pregnancy test. We had sex

Customer Question

i'd like to know when to take a pregnancy test. We had sex thru my fertile period in early Nov. My period was due on 12 Nov and i came on 14 but for just one day (cycle is 29 days and i'm usually on for 5 - 6 days). I've had all the early symptons and signs of pregnancy but i took a test just now and it was negative. I have drank a lot of water today but i think i may have taken the test too early. When should i try the test again?
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain and my periods are regular and i've been taking folic acid and the pregancare vitamin suppliments. I get some twinges and mild cramping and dull lower back ache. I'm also exhausted and dizzy and everything has not taste. I've been like this since 9 November
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no nothing and this is the first time we have tried to concieve. My husband was home on leave (he's in the forces) for 10 days so i can i know when we were sexually active.
Submitted: 1 month ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Hi. Welcome to JustAnswer. My name is Uzair.
I am reviewing your post and will get back to your reply momentarily.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

You should take your pregnancy test atleast 1 week after late period. Considering last episode of bleeding as your period then it is too early to test now. But since you had all pregnancy symptoms you can get a blood test for pregnancy in 3 to 4 days time.

Hope this helps.

Please do not forget to leave a positive rating for the service by clicking on the stars on top of the screen.

Best wishes.

Expert:  Dr Uzair replied 1 month ago.

Please let me know if you have followup questions.