Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

Never mind. Can't wait that long.

Customer Question

Never mind. Can't wait that long.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online & I am sorry for the delay in answer.There was some technical error.

Yeast infection is one of the commonest cause of orange periods where blood mixes with mucus/discharge imparting it orange color.

Other causes are:when the products of menstruation aren't completely cleared during a menstrual cycle,this results in orange periods/discharge.This particular orange color indicates "old blood".Its caused through old lining in the uterus which is normally expelled before or after the period.

When the menstrual blood mixes with mucus secreted in the uterus, it may change the color to orange. This again is normal normal only if there is no infection.

Another possibility is that you have some vaginal mucus or other vaginal discharge, which would be unrelated to your period, but which may be causing the change in the color.

As you have recent history of yeast infections with foul smell-this seems to be the most probable cause of your symptoms of orange bleeding/periods.

You need oral antifungal medication like fluconazole (diflucan) or Itraconazole (sporanox).It is prescription medication & you need to get a prescription from your doctor. Till then apply ointment monistat vaginal cream.It is a broad spectrum anti-fungal agent.It is available as over the counter without prescription.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 7 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance?Is there anything else that you would like to know?

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh