Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor
Experience:  Specialist advice in Gynecology,Menstrual problems,STDs, Pregnancy .
6740150

I am 59 years old and haven't had a period since 2004. I am

Customer Question

I am 59 years old and haven't had a period since 2004. I am bleeding now, no cramps, and I have a prolapsed bladder. Is it possible this is a period? I have been having difficulty sleeping and I've been edgier than usual.
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: No pain. First period since 2004. I've spotted occasionally, but nothing alarming
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Prolapsed bladder diagnosis about 3 years ago. I have COPD so I live on prednisone
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Myself Dr Josh. and I’m happy to help with your question today.Please provide me the following information so that I can address your concern-

Have you been treated for prolapsed bladder?

Any pain in abdomen associated with this vaginal bleeding?

Waiting for your reply…

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

You had your last period in year 2004 and you were menopaused. Now again,you are having bleeding.This is not serious but is of concern & needs to be evaluated.

The most common causes of post menopausal bleeding/spotting/small amount of bleeding are:hormonal imbalance,deficiency in certain nutrients over the years,significant weight loss and reduction in body fat, stress,anxiety or depression,endometrial polyps,cervical lesions,uterine tumors.

This bleeding does not seem to be related your prolapsed bladder.

First you need endometrial biopsy.Clinical examination,testing for thyroid function and other hormone levels are required. A pelvic exam is critical to rule out any uterine abnormality, a cervical polyp or fibroid,or a uterine infection or tumor.Also you need an ultrasound to evaluate the uterus, the ovaries and the fallopian tubes.

So I advice you to consult your gynecologist for the clinical examination to find out the root cause & treatment will be done accordingly.

Thank you.

Hope this helped

If you have any further question then you can ask me.

Please leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today ,we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

We are here to help you until you satisfy.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

Thank you for being online.

Postmenopausal bleeding is vaginal bleeding that happens at least 12 months after your periods have stopped.

You may need following tests:

So my best advise for you is to please make an appointment with your doctor to have these tests done so as to know the exact underlying cause & then treatment will be done accordingly.

Please don't forget to leave positive rating above the chat box so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Just checking in to see how things are going.

Do you need further assistance regarding your vaginal bleeding/period?

Is there anything else that you would like to know?

we only get after positive feedback.

Bonus is highly appreciated.

Thank you.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh

Expert:  Dr Josh replied 2 months ago.

Dear customer

I have seen that you have not rated my answer so far.Please leave positive rating above the chat box. However if you still have any questions,please let me know..I am happy to address your follow-up questions.

Please do not forget to leave positive rating (3 or more stars).

Thank you.

God bless you & take care.

Kind Regards

Dr.Josh