Dr Stan
Dr Stan, Doctor
Experience:  Physician at Stanley L Simpson, DO
93248684

I am 46 years old and I haven't had a period in 4 months

Customer Question

I am 46 years old and I haven't had a period in 4 months (only some minor spotting at month 3), is this normal? I have been telling my gyno for years that I thought I was at least in peri-menopause but she seemed reluctant to believe it.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Stan replied 17 days ago.

Hello this is Dr. Stan and I will assist you with your question today. I am U.S. trained,

Board Certified and I have 40 years of patient experience. I am happy to help you.

I'm sorry you have concerns about your periods. Though the average age for menopause is 51, perimenopause can start in the early 30's. The fact that you have only had spotting for the past 4 cycles, that is strongly suggestive that you are in perimenopause. If you are also having mood swings, that would confirm that you are in perimenopause. You will stop your period completely within the next year or sooner.

I am available to answer any additional questions you may have. Thank you for allowing me to provide assistance. I hope your medical problem(s) are resolved soon and you feel better. If you find the information I provided helpful, please rate me with 5-Stars. Thank you

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 16 days ago.

Any additional thoughts? Questions?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 15 days ago.

Any spotting?

Expert:  Dr Stan replied 12 days ago.

Have you scheduled an appointment to have a PAP and Pelvic Ultrasound?