Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

I have pain that comes and goes in my vagina. I am almost 75

Customer Question

I have pain that comes and goes in my vagina. I am almost 75 yrs old and think I might have injured myself with my vibrator. Is that possible. I am afraid to go to a Dr.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 3 months ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do my best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Yes it is possible, the skin in that area is very delicate and can tear easily, but good news is that it usually heals well without any problems. You may use Witchhazel pads on the outside and take some tylenol for pain as needed. Please watch for signs of infection such as severe pain, fever, drainage, swelling and redness. Otherwise this should heal quickly.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! For future questions you may contact me at this web site: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-frye/

Customer: replied 3 months ago.
I had a hard time signing in so thank you for answering. The pain is inside so I don't understand how witch hazel is applied

Oh no please don't apply if there is no pain on the outer part. You are so welcome!