Aleksandra Frye
Aleksandra Frye,
Experience:  Physician at Workwell Medical Group
96930917

Ever since ive hit puberty my period have nvr been regular

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hi. How can we be of help?
Customer: yes ever since ive hit puberty my period have nvr been regular they might have been regular for like 3 months out of the 12 months in a yr i hve had times when i missed my period for 3-5 months and then got it which lasted a week with heavy bleeding but this time when i got my period after 3 months of skipped periods, it will almost be a month and i am still on my period
JA: Are you in any pain? How regular are your periods?
Customer: no pain, no cramps or anything
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: well in jan i got it, feb i didnt, march i did, april i did, may i didnt, june i did, jully i did, n then no periods in aug sept and till oct 28 and then oct 28 at 1st it was brown, then nothing for 2-3 days then more brown spotting , n then 2-3 days later it was more red. and now im on my period heavy
Submitted: 12 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 12 days ago.

Hello and welcome, my name is***** and I will try do my best to help you

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
I do not have any medical history

Sorry to hear that you are having problems, it is definitely not normal to be bleeding for almost a month. Is there any possibility that you could be pregnant?

Customer: replied 12 days ago.
No, still virgin
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 11 days ago.

Ok, it sounds like your periods have never been regular, and sometimes after it has been a while (such as 3 months) between periods, there is a build up on the inside of the uterus, so you may bleed more or longer in order for all of that to be "cleaned out". However, almost a month is a long time and I am concerned if your blood count is getting too low or if there is anything else going on. I would recommend for you to be checked out and possibly given medications to try to stop the bleeding and regulate your periods.

Please let me know if I can further assist you and if you are satisfied with my answer, please give a 5 star rating (we do not get reimbursed without a positive rating). If not, I am happy to answer your question further! Thank you so very much and see you again soon! For future questions you may contact me at this web site: http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-frye/

Hello, this is Dr. Frye from Just Answers and I am wondering if you still needs help with your question? Thank you very much!