Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I have a tear on top of the outer lips of my vagina. It

Customer Question

I have a tear on top of the outer lips of my vagina. It heals quickly but it's very itchy down there and it gets scrapped again. What could have caused this and how can I heal this cut permanently and avoid its recurrence?
JA: How long have you been dealing with this? Does anything in particular seem to make the itch better or worse?
Customer: It's been few weeks. Scratching gives little bit relief from itch temporarily but that's it. However there is non pain, not even during urinating
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: I had had UTI during my pregnancy 4.5 years ago Me and my partners sometimes indulge in oral action as well.
Submitted: 17 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 17 days ago.

Hello, my name is***** I am Board Certified with 17 years of experience, and I will do by best to help you today. To make sure I don’t miss anything, please give me a minute to review your question. :)

Thank you for waiting, when this first started was there anything in particular that may have caused it, like not enough lubrication or excessive rubbing?

Expert:  Aleksandra Frye replied 15 days ago.

Hello, this is Dr. Frye from Just Answers and I am wondering if you still needs help with your question? Thank you very much!