Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

I think that I have been having a miscarriage for the last

Customer Question

I think that I have been having a miscarriage for the last few days. I was 7-8 weeks pregnant. My question is that I am in Hawaii on vacation. I am not in pain and not soaking a pad. It's more clumps and spotting. I want to go swim with dolphins but I'm not sure I can out in s tampon for a couple of hours to do that. Would that be safe or not.
Submitted: 15 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 15 days ago.
Hello, I'm Dr Manos, M.D., board certified ObGyn. Your question poses uncertainty about what's your choices. You should be able to have an ultrasound in Hawaii to know more about the status of your pregnancy. Once some of the guesswork is clear you can make a choice to swim with the Dolphins. I don't know what risks are present with the bleeding and how it can be controlled in an ocean environment. I don't know how sharks could be factored in. I hope you can make a well informed choice about your question.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Hi Dr Ted.. My OBGYN had a feeling I was going to miscarry and told me if I do to go to ER if I start to bleed so heavy that I soak through a pad. That is why I have not gone because I haven't done that. I would assume though with bleeding red blood and bleeding like I am on a light period for the last 4 days that I am miscarrying.. I have a doctors app when I get home on the 30th of November so I didn't think I really needed to go to the ER .. are you saying I should? I'm sure that I am miscarrying..
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
I am more concerned if Its safe to use a tampon
You can use a tampon that might not be enough if you bleed heavier. You should experience more cramps before it happens so you have a way of cutting short what you're up to. You could continue waiting even until the end of November.
Customer: replied 15 days ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 14 days ago.
You're welcome