Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I am almost 60. My Breast in very sore and feels feverish

Customer Question

I am almost 60. My Breast in very sore and feels feverish and swollen. My Mammo is scheduled for Dec. 5th Should I be concerned
JA: Any recent injuries? How long have you been dealing with the swelling?
Customer: Today. No but I went golfing and my arms were sore. But this pain is more towards my nipple.
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Never had breast cancerbut it is in my family. I have had a hysterectomy and use a hormone patch.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 3 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of “New symptoms in the breast” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

If you are having symptoms like sore feeling & swollen breast and feel feverish this is suspicious for some kind of infection but not tumor

You can wait until dec 5th for mammogram and there is no suspicious for tumor

But there is a possible suspicion for some kind of infection so you may talk to your doctor and discuss about the possibility of taking some kind of antibiotic

But once again I reassure you these symptoms are not suspicious for any breast cancer, rather this may be suspicious for some kind of infection as discussed above.

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Customer/p>

Hi, Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this health situation further. And please do not forget to click a positive rating for my services to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too and I will be very glad to continue helping you as long as you need my services.

Best regards,