Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

I had an abortion 6 days ago and now I am very fatigued and

Customer Question

I had an abortion 6 days ago and now I am very fatigued and have a fever of 101.3 if I go to the ER, can I tell them I had a miscarriage or will they be able to tell I had an abortion? The reason I would want to hide the abortion is because I don't think my insurance will cover any medical services for post abortion complications
JA: How long have you had a fever? Do you have any respiratory symptoms? Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: My main question is, if I go to the ER, can I tell them I had a miscarriage or will they be able to tell I had an abortion? The reason I would want to hide the abortion is because I don't think my insurance will cover any medical services for post abortion complications i have only checked my temp tonight, but I have felt feverish for a couple of days
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr David replied 4 months ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 4 months ago.

you can tell them you had a miscarriage if you don't want to say you had an abortion.

Customer: replied 4 months ago.
Should I be concerned enough to go to the ER with a fever of 101.3 and feeling very weak and fatigued?
Expert:  Dr David replied 4 months ago.

yes, you should go to the ER and be checked.

you could have a urinary tract infection

you may need a course of antibiotics.

you need testing to find out where the infection may have come from .