Neuro Doctor
Neuro Doctor, Neurologist (MD)
Experience:  American Board Certified Neurologist, Internal Medicine
56178413

I had unprotected sex this morning & I have a tubal ligation

Customer Question

I had unprotected sex this morning & I have a tubal ligation tomorrow morning. Could this complicate things? Should I use plan B
JA: Is this your first time reaching out for information about this? In general, how would you describe your overall health?
Customer: Yes, first time. I'm 48 & have just been diagnosed with DCIS
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: Just worried I could become pregnant due to this &/or ectopic pregnancy
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Neuro Doctor replied 5 months ago.

Hi, I am an American Board Certified Neurologist with vast experience in diagnosing & treating all types of neurological & other medical conditions including the concerns of “Unprotected sex and risk of pregnancy” you have mentioned here and I am very glad to help you with your health concerns.

Yes taking Emergency contraceptive pill Plan B is recommended in these circumstances

It is supposed to be taken within 72 hours (3 days) after the unprotected sex

You are very well within the window period so it should be maximally effective in your case

Once again I concur with you, taking Plan B is recommended in your case, this way pregnancy & ectopic pregnancy can be prevented

And please try to take it asap so that it will be maximally effective.

All the very best!

Please let me know if you have any further questions, and please click a positive rating (preferably 5 Star/Excellent) to credit for the time & effort put by me in answering your health question, and this is the only way I will be credited for my service to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too.

Best regards,

Customer/p>
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is plan b bad if you have breast cancer (DCIS), of which having lumpectomy same day as tubal.Also, will plan b complicate either surgery?

This is just a one time dose, so it should not affect the breast cancer in anyway

And also Plan B should not affect the surgery in anyway. It is safe to be used before the surgeries.

Hi, Please let me know if you have any additional questions or if you want to discuss this health situation further. And please do not forget to click a positive rating for my services to you. If you have follow-up or additional questions you can ask them after the rating too and I will be very glad to continue helping you as long as you need my services.

Best regards!