Dr David
Dr David, Doctor
Experience:  Experienced physican trained in ob-gyn and oncology
41363181

I got a very bad flu last week actually 10 days ago since

Customer Question

Hi
JA: Hello. What seems to be the problem?
Customer: I got a very bad flu last week actually 10 days ago since then i felt 2 swollen lymph nodes on the sides of my neck (one each side) 3 cm above collar bone no larger than 1 cm each and a tiny one inside the hole above my collar bone they are a bit soft (not very) movable and run when i touch them to another location
JA: How long have you been dealing with this issue? Are you experiencing any numbness or tingling?
Customer: how numbness??
JA: Anything else in your medical history you think the doctor should know?
Customer: no
Submitted: 21 days ago.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Hi... i dont feel the provided info is enough for a reasonable reply
I also felt today something swollen in my groin area... its not small nor round nor pea or kidney looking... its more of a tube like structure... I dont know if it's a lymph node as well or if it is anything else as I had 2 c-sections (last one was 2.5 years ago). I have other issues not daily present.... today I feel neck stiffness/pain and other days i feel mild chest pain and other days a bit dizzy or get hot flushes. I still have cough after the flu of course. I was on antibiotic for 7 days and took aerius and brufen daily as well. Finished antibiotic a couple of days ago but i still take brufen as i hear it is an anti-inflammatory and could help the lymph nodes go back to normal size.
Sometimes I feel all that may be in my mind as I have anxiety towards getting cancer... but sometimes I feel my body is trying to tell me to seek help.
My insurance doesn't cover a general checkup and I don't want to make my family panic.
Expert:  Dr David replied 21 days ago.

This is Dr. David. I am reviewing your question now and will be with you momentarily.

Expert:  Dr David replied 21 days ago.

how old are you ?

it is very common to be able to feel small rubbery lymph nodes in your groin area and your neck.

these are common places for lymph node beds to be.

lymph nodes are part of your body's immune system and help filter your lymphatic fluid to help you fight off infections and to help keep you healthy.

just being able to feel a lymph node is not a dangerous thing.

you don't have to worry.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I prefer to chat
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I am 35 (almost)
Customer: replied 21 days ago.
Breast Cancer in family history.. my mom, her brother, and her neice all died of cancer.
Expert:  Dr David replied 21 days ago.

I see.

I would not worry about you having cancer.

it is normal during viral infections for your neck lymph nodes to swell up

it is common to be able to feel 1-2cm sized lymph nodes in your groin area.

Customer: replied 21 days ago.
I hope so
Expert:  Dr David replied 21 days ago.

let me know if you have other questions.

if done for now, please leave positive rating of 3-5 stars so I can get credit for helping you today

we only get credit for helping clients after positive feedback

you can always reach me directly with "a question for Dr. David" in the medicine or oncology categories if you have other questions

here is my website if you need to reach me:

http://www.justanswer.com/medical/expert-dr-david/

Thanks for using JustAnswers.com